It’s been almost a year since the premiere of the children’s musical, “Knight Camp at Rock Kingdom.”  Since that time, more than 60 children’s choirs from churches or schools in at least 16 states (as far away as Alaska) have learned and shared this musical (and those are just the ones I know about from the internet or word of mouth). I have heard some remarkable stories of how God has used these children and their faithful leaders to encourage believers and bring others to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.  Soli Deo Gloria!

You might wonder just what motivated me to write the script for this musical?  That’s simple:  PASSION.  Perhaps I can better explain myself by sharing my “Reflections on Writing for CMS 5.1/5.2” provided on the LifeWay CMS Plans&Pluses 5.1/5.2 CD:

“I just love going to the beach! The ocean, the sky, the sand, the seashells, and all the animals remind me of God’s incredible creation and omnipotent power. But in a storm, I sure want to be up high on solid ground. And because I know the storms of life will come, I choose to build my life on Jesus, the unchangeable Rock of Ages.

Today’s children are increasingly faced with living on shaky ground in stormy times. The emotional and spiritual battles they face are difficult and very real. My passionate calling and heart’s desire is for young people to know the unchangeable love of Jesus and the solid foundation the Bible provides. Through the words and music we offer, my deepest prayer is that those who work with and love children as much as I do will find this a valuable resource to draw others to God’s kingdom. May God’s blessings and joy be yours as you love and nurture the precious children of our King.  --Soli Deo Gloria”

If you are reading this blog, I suspect you share my passion, and I know God has brought you to this place and time for a special purpose. My prayers are with you as you find and live the God-given passions and callings of your heart.

So, if you want to know more about “Knight Camp at Rock Kingdom,” read on.

Click on the arrow above to view a slideshow with sound and photo highlights from some of the July 2009 premiere  presented at the LifeWay Worship Leadership Conference in Ridgecrest, NC by the combined children’s choirs from First Baptist Church of Woodstock, GA (Melanie Sauer-Director) and First Baptist Church of Snellville, GA (Dana Coleman-Director).  These choirs did a remarkable job of sharing about the ‘Rock of Ages.’  Thanks also go to Georgia Baptist Convention Music & Worship folks Dr. Jon Duncan, Steve Brown and their faithful staff for their incredible vision and support.

A huge “thanks” goes to my editor and good friends on the LifeWay CMS Production Team:    especially to Anita Bice, Vickie Allen, Paula Sims and Mike Harland along with...

Brent Roberts, Wendell McGuirk, Pam Mullins, Ronald Clark, Allison Smith and YM 5.1/5.2 writers Susan Eernisse, Diane Dawson and Katheron Latham.

Script by Lynn Shaw Bailey (yours truly).  Music by many wonderful composers and arrangers (see KCRK Songs list below).

KCRK Songs include:

He’s My Rock of Ages - Lynn Shaw Bailey
Sound Off! - Anita Bice
Our Father in Heaven - Nan Grantham
The Army of the Lord - Sarah Moore
Build On the Rock - Ruth Elaine Schram
My Foundation - Sarah Moore
My King - Jeremy Johnson & Paul Marino
Glorious Is Thy Name - McKinney (arr. Lynn Shaw Bailey/Becki Mayo)
In Christ Alone - Keith Getty & Stuart Townend
As We Go - Jeremy Johnson

(Four (4) additional anthems are also included in the YM 5.2 curriculum.)

To learn more or order product, go to www.LifeWay.com/CMSand click on “Young Musicians” then “Young Musicians 5.2”

or call LifeWay Worship at (800) 436-3869.

Products include:

Young Musicians 5.2 Music Book  #005174615
Young Musicians 5.2 Listening CD #005174616
Young Musicians 5.2 Accompaniment/Listening CD  #005174617
Young Musicians 5.2 Teacher Kit  #005111565 (includes Teacher’s Guide, visual teaching aids, accompaniment/listening CD, and instructional DVD with worship enhancements)

Young Musicians 5.2 CD Promo Pak  #005174618 (includes Music Book and Listening CD)

Plans & Pluses 5.1/5.2  #005132807

If you are a Facebook fan, you can check out the “Knight Camp at Rock Kingdom” Facebook page to learn more, see videos/photos and find additional helpful information.

You can also find and download some helpful information in files at:

Comments

I was very happy to discover this site. I need to to thank you for your time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely liked every little bit of it and I have you book-marked to look at new information on your site.

In this The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything by Ken Robinson and Lou Aronica, as well as this article, I love how this discusses about talent, passion, and achievement and adds on creativity and self-fulfillment. Very interesting!

05/04/2016 7:51am

Nature is the important thing which we take oxygen. Some people want to camp in trees and plants so that they see nature

05/07/2016 10:09pm

Yeah, I read that because I share your passion ;)

05/10/2016 8:46pm

Baby Cots + Camping cots from babycompany namibia get baby and mom safely from point A to point B without missing a step!

07/08/2016 1:07am

I like this musical. Nice post.

07/19/2016 8:48am

Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my viewers would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

It’s going to be ending of mine day, but before ending I am reading this fantastic piece of writing to improve my knowledge.

08/22/2016 6:55am

How beautiful proper use of words can make a story is perfectly shown here. It seems like the writer has really worked hard to choose these beautiful jewels from a pile of stones.

08/22/2016 8:56am

This is really amazing. I've never observed of The Stingray covering before. I know resting in this revoked covering would experience so awesome. I also really like how one enters this tent! I'm informing my buddies about this camping.

09/18/2016 8:27am

This Knight Camp is special for those who are ready to participate in the Rock Kingdom. The children of school also took participation into this camp.

09/30/2016 2:27pm

It incorporates music from all the Broadway appears, similar to Rent, Wicked,The Producers, and Phantom of the Opera. Broadway music has suggestions (the begin of a musical) and huge amounts of melodies imbetween to clarify the tale of the musical.

09/30/2016 11:02pm

I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job!

10/01/2016 9:01am

It is the good activity for the kids and teenagers to learn new things in life. These types of activities are the good source of learning for every one.

12/16/2016 11:08pm

I like these type of Young Musicians band camps as they will help you to learn the music fundamentals which will help you to further grow in this industry.

01/22/2017 3:53am

Family camping has been popular for years and continues to be today. The family tent is the main piece of equipment needed for camping. Choosing just the right tent is crucial to an enjoyable camping trip. This article will help you decide on the type of tent that will fit your needs best.

03/01/2017 7:39pm

Knight Camp at Rock Kingdom is all about the passion of the lyricist about the spiritual world. Passion makes a complete composer. Are you arranging a musical concert ? Click http://ambitious.nl/dj-huren to find such great composers and singers.

03/11/2017 2:18pm

It looks like a great idea- however just in the beginning.

03/11/2017 10:23pm

Nevertheless, on this extended sections, nor title neither true blessing is actually provided.

03/13/2017 8:12am

This works in order to relaxed your brain as well as market audio, relaxing sleeping.

03/30/2017 1:27pm

Good luck are also erectilely functional at any age!

04/10/2017 9:37am

Welcome to a world of BBQ. Most of the equipment we use is new, but BBQ dates back through thousands of generations. Take a peek here.

04/29/2017 1:22pm

Blessings to you, dear Lynn. What you do, gives us hope, love and warmth.

Never give up and have strong health.

I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to create this article. I appreciate your work.